Vinyl windows don't just look great, but they also offer a variety of benefits compared to other types of windows. Many designs feature concealed hinges for a cleaner look, while others offer multi-point weather sealing locks. Some vinyl windows even qualify for tax credits from the federal government. As a matter of fact, there are plenty of benefits to vinyl windows. If you’re considering installing new windows in your home, and want to know more about vinyl, here are five key benefits of this material to keep in mind:
1. Multiple glazes: The more glazes, the better the insulating properties. Generally speaking, most vinyl windows are already double-glazed, which is good. However, some newer models are even triple-glazed, which is even better at keeping heat from escaping your home in the winter and cool air from escaping during the summer months. At C&T Siding, we offer multi-chambered insulating designs, which add strength to the window while also helping your home save energy. That brings us to our next benefit.
2. Energy efficiency: Because vinyl windows are good insulators, they're also often responsible for significant energy savings in the home. Well-insulated windows ensure that heat doesn’t escape from your home as easily in the winter, and they prevent cool air from escaping during the summer. As a result, your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard or run as often. A more efficient home is a win for you as a homeowner, because it can drastically reduce the cost of heating and cooling your home. Improved energy efficiency is especially beneficial here in the Midwest, where temperatures and weather conditions can vary greatly and change quickly.
3. Affordability: In addition to actually saving homeowners money on their utilities, vinyl windows are also one of the more affordable window styles right from the beginning. Compared to many other materials, the cost of vinyl windows is comparatively low. Combined with the durability and efficiency of the material, the low upfront cost of vinyl makes them very appealing to homeowners.
4. Scratch-resistant: Are you getting tired of your windows scratching? Sick of spending your time having to maintain them? Consider vinyl the next time you go to replace your windows, as they are arguably the most maintenance-friendly window style available. They're resistant to scratching, and typically only require a standard window cleaning every now and then to keep them looking their best.
5. Variety: Finally, it doesn't matter what room of the house you need new windows in or what color scheme or style you're looking to complement - there's a solution when it comes to vinyl windows. That's because vinyl windows are available in a wide range of styles, sizes, and colors - so you can rest assured you'll always find the right fit for your home.
For more information on the benefits of vinyl windows, contact C&T Siding today. Since 1978, we’ve served western Wisconsin and eastern Minnesota. We have the experience needed to get the job done right, and are a leading source for quality home improvement products. Whether you’re building a brand new home, or making improvements to your current home, the team at C&T Siding has the products, service, and experience you need.